Updated: April 25, 2018
Spring / Summer Tips
- During the warm months, try to keep your thermostat set to around 78 degrees during the day. This will help decrease your energy bill.
- Keep your blinds and curtains closed during the afternoon, this helps with keeping the inside of your home cooler.
- Use florescent lights instead of incandescent to keep your energy bill low.
- Do not place anything that generates heat near your thermostat.
- Try to plant trees near your outside A/C unit to keep it shaded.
Fall / Winter Tips
- Make adjustments to door thresholds
- Replace worn weatherstripping around windows
- Turn down your thermostat to a cooler setting for the winter. If someone is at home during the day, a range between 72° F to 68° F is good. If everyone is away during the day or you are asleep at night, 68° F to 62° F is best.
- If you plan to be away during the cold weather, leave the heat on in your home, set a temperature no lower than 55° F.
- Run water through your pipes even a trickle to prevent pipes from freezing.