Ruud® High Efficiency Modulating
EcoNet™ Enabled Air Handler (RHMV)
Ruud® High Efficiency EcoNet™ Air Handler (RHMV)
Constant CFM Motor (ECM)
Electronic Expansion Valve (EEV)
Efficiencies up to 20.5 SEER
- The RHMV is EcoNet Enabled: This allows the RHMV to directly communicate with the EcoNet Smart Home System.
- The RHMV features an Electronic Expansion Valve (EEV)
- Features a constant CFM variable speed motor (ECM) which provides enhanced SEER performance. The RHMV is rated with UA17, UA20 air conditioners and UP17, UP20 heat pumps.
- Evaporator is constructed of aluminum fins bonded to internally grooved aluminum tubing.
- Versatile 4-way convertible design for upflow, downflow, horizontal left and horizontal right applications.
- Factory-installed indoor coil.
- Sturdy cabinet construction with 1.0 inch [25.4 mm] of foil faced insulation for excellent sound and insulating characteristics.
- Field-installed auxiliary electric heater kits provide exact heat for indoor comfort. Kits include circuit breakers which meet U.L. and cUL requirements for service disconnect.
- 11/2 ton [5.3 kW] through 5 ton [17.6 kW] models are between 421/2 to 57 inches [1080 to 1448 mm] tall and 22 inches [559 mm] deep.
- All models meet or exceed 330 to 400 CFM [156 to 189 L/s] per ton at .3 inches [.7 kPa] of external static pressure.
- Enhanced airflow up to .7" external static pressure.
- Suitable for application in mobile homes.
- Cabinet air leakage less than 2.0% at 1.0 inch H2O when tested in accordance with ASHRAE Standard 193.
Warranty10 Year Parts
See Other Air Handlers:
- Equipped standard with an EcoNet Air Handler control board
that allows it to directly communicate with the EcoNet Control
Center. The EcoNet Control Center serves as the hub of communication for a home's Heating, Cooling, and Water Heating systems, and is required to operate an EcoNet Enabled Heating and Cooling system in fully communicating mode. An EcoNet WiFi kit can be added to the EcoNet network and will
use the homeowner's wireless network and broadband Internet connection to enable remote operation of EcoNet Enabled equipment from the mobile-friendly web portal or mobile apps.
- Equipped with an electronic expansion valve (EEV), which can
intelligently change the EEV position based on system
demands. By the measurement of the suction pressure via
the vapor line pressure transducer (factory installed) and the vapor line thermistor (field connected to the vapor line, but factory provided within the air handler) the EcoNet enabled air handler control calculates the suction superheat at the indoor coil. This calculation permits the air handler control to make decisions for when to open and close the EEV for the purpose of maintaining a predetermined suction superheat. The EEV is
equipped with a 4-pole removable external stator, and inlet and outlet chatleff fittings for optimal serviceability. These valves also have an internal check valve to provide heat pump compatibility. When operating in heating mode, the air handler control will open the EEV completely to permit the check valve to operate and maximize reverse refrigerant flow.
- The most compact unit design available, all standard heat air handler models only 421/2 to 57 inches [1079 to 1448 mm] high.
- Attractive pre-painted cabinet exterior.
- Rugged wall steel cabinet construction, designed for added strength and versatility.
- 1.0" foil faced insulation mechanically retained in blower compartment for excellent thermal and sound performance.
- Four leg blower motor mount.
- Blower housing with controls, motor and blower. Slide out design for service and maintenance convenience.
- Traditional open wire element design for heat applications.
- Field convertible for vertical downflow, horizontal left hand or right hand air supply.
- 3 combustible floor base accessories fit all model sizes when required for downflow installations on combustible floors.
- Indoor coil design provides low air side pressure drop, high performance and extremely compact size.
- Coils are constructed of aluminum fins bonded to internally grooved aluminum tubing.
- Coils are tested at the factory with an extensive refrigerant leak check.
- Coils have copper sweat refrigerant connections.
- Coils utilize chatleff metering device connections.
- Molded polymer corrosion resistant condensate drain pan is provided on all indoor coils.
- Supply duct flanges provided as standard on air handler cabinet.
- Provisions for field electrical, connections available from either side or top of the air handler cabinet.
- Connection point for high voltage wiring is inside the air handler cabinet. Low voltage connection is made on the outside of the air handler cabinet.
- Concentric knockouts are provided for power connection to cabinet. Installer may pull desired hole size up to 2 inches [51 mm] for 11/2 inch [38 mm] conduit.
- Front refrigerant and drain connections.
We service all areas of Southeast Houston including Pasadena, Deer Park, La Porte, Pearland, Friendswood, Sagemont, South Houston, Ellington, Clear Lake, Webster, Seabrook, Taylor Lake Village, Kemah, Alvin, Bacliff, Santa Fe, League City, Dickinson, Texas City, La Marque and Galveston, Texas.